Saturday, March 3, 2012

the right way!

how did Charles made the inclines so hard (and freakin’ effective)? By doing it SUPER slow like, 4 seconds up and 4 seconds down. Oh, and stop COMPLETELY at the bottom so that there’s no bounce stealing the work from your pectorals. This super strict movement ensures that all muscle fibres of the chest are stimulated and not just the fast-twitch fibres.


Second exercise of the day is incline dumbbell flyes. Simple? Think again. Charles made it more effective by instead of letting my butt sit on the bench, I have to push my body up the bench with my feet on the ground while having my upper back and butt lean on the incline. Why so? Because without the seat, the body won’t just rest on the butt. Instead, I have to arch back and expand my chest to maintain my position, therefore, giving a better stretch in the pectorals. Pretty neat trick, huh?


Next we move on to Smith machine bench press. This time, the positive (contraction) portion of the movement is done explosively. As for the negative portion, Charles instructed me to lower the weight slowly. And at the bottom, Charles placed the safety bars so that the barbell stops two inches above my chest. After a slight pause at the bottom, BOOM, the weight goes up full speed. Because this is a power movement, 


After than, Charles put me through parallel dips again, with a variation. To maximize pectoral recruitment and reduce involvement of the triceps, Charles instructed me to bend over and lift my butt up so that my upper body is almost parallel to the ground.


Last exercise for chest before we move on to abs – push ups. But instead of the normal push ups, Charles placed my arms nearer to my feet so that my butt is lifted up and there’s a bend in my hips instead of just being straight.


for abs is seated leg tucks. Tip for the tucks – don’t let your leg go low and limit the range of motion to the top half only. This way, your abs do all the work and not your hip flexors.


copy and paste the resource is from http://fabodylous.com/2011/04/training-with-charles-glass.html

No comments:

Post a Comment